Written by Brook Besser
Wyoming Travel Guide for navigating the entire state
Wyoming Vacation Guide for easy planningJust open the book to the highway and follow along…
Most travel guides are written to explain tourist attractions in detail once you are already there, providing only minimal directions, and are cumbersome to use while on the road. With that in mind, what is the best way to plan a road trip across Wyoming?
The old answer was: Hours of research and planning.
The new answer is: Make Wyoming Road Trip by the Mile Marker your official guide.
This remarkable book has the entire state of Wyoming laid out by the highway mile markers. Brief descriptions explain what is ahead, and detailed directions and GPS coordinates guide you to the exact location.
Everyone knows Wyoming is the home of Yellowstone National Park, the first and most spectacular National Park in the country; however, Wyoming has so much more to offer if you know where to look. From rolling prairie, to badlands, to deep forests, to high mountain lakes, and breathtaking peaks, Wyoming’s diverse landscape is second to none. In addition, the Wyoming plains contain a rich history of pioneer trails that served as the gateway to the west throughout the 19th century.
This clear and concise guide is simple to use and informative. Some of the many benefits of using this book include:
- Attractions laid out by the mile markers allow you to keep ahead of your current location
- Detailed directions, GPS coordinates, and elevations are provided for:
- Nearly 600 natural, scenic, and historic attractions
- Nearly 100 easily accessible hiking trails
- Over 300 public campgrounds and dispersed camping areas
- Over 30 rest areas
- Over 60 RV dump stations
- A concise report style format with brief descriptions, condensed information, and a star rating system that allows you to easily make informed decisions about what to visit
- A comprehensive index that makes any attraction easy to locate in the book
- Makes an excellent companion book to longer, more in-depth books
- Pays for itself many times over in time and fuel savings
- Complete coverage of Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Devils Tower National Monument, Fossil Butte National Monument, Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, Fort Laramie National Historic Site, Medicine Lodge State Archaeological Site, Snowy Range, Bighorn Mountains, Wind River Mountains, Sinks Canyon State Park, Guernsey State Park, Glendo State Park, Keyhole State Park, Green River Lakes, Casper Mountain Park, Jackson Hole, and much more.